Probate and Estate Administration
At Steele+Co, we know it is difficult enough following the death of a loved one or somebody near to us. When you are appointed as executor you may find this stressful and somewhat confusing. However, whether we are appointed to formally assist the executors in the administration of the estate, or whether you just need some advice, please call us.
We can answer the initial questions you may have regarding:
- decisions regarding the funeral and who pays;
- what about the deceased’s assets – where do I start;
- will a grant of Probate be necessary or can this be avoided;
- what if there is no Will or it can’t be found?;
- do I need to do a tax return for the deceased?
Our experience is that where banks, investment companies and share registries are involved, we can save you many hours of navigating the requirements of these institutions.
Our estate administration service can work with the executors to distribute the estate assets in accordance with the Will, while complying with all legal requirements. Phone us to discuss whether we may assist you, whether it be in administering all the estate or helping the executors navigate through particular difficulties.